Love INC Vision / Mission / Core Values
To mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities in the Name of Christ.
To see Christian churches united in purpose and fully engaged in actively living out their faith by lovingly serving people in need in their communities.
“Lots of organizations give “stuff”. Very few organizations are bringing caring, loving, trained Christians alongside individuals whose most basic need is for someone to love them and to ultimately share Christ with them. The role of Love INC is not to replace the Church but to help churches distribute their skills, gifts, resources, and love to communities in need, In the Name of Christ.“
– Dr. Virgil Gulker, Love INC founder (1977)
Redemptive Compassion Core Principles
Love INC guests transform from chaos to shalom – lives lived as God intended Love INC responds to a prophetic call to rescue, redeem and restore Tampa’s struggling neighbors. This holistic response is Redemptive Compassion and its core principles guide all aspects of our ministry.
- See everyone’s value (respect and restore self-esteem)
- Invest relationally in others (form partnerships and love them).
- Help everyone achieve their God-given potential (love spoken with honesty)
- Require mutual contributions and participation (accountable for outcomes)
- Respond with wisdom and discernment (take time to determine how God would have us respond)
- Serve in ways that transform individual, volunteers, churches and community (create a sense of hope and change of heart)
- We are Christian. Everything we think, say, and do is in the name of Christ.
- Prayer is an integral part of who we are.
- We follow Christ’s example of valuing the poor and needy.
- We value unity of the Body of Christ.
- We value transformation in the lives of people and communities.
- We value churches living out the two great commandments to love God and love their neighbors.
- We value building Christ-like relationships.
- We value the connectedness of the Love INC movement.
- We model excellence.
- We value continually maturing in our capacity to meet people’s needs.