Love INC Mission: mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities in the Name of Christ
IMMEDIATE STAFF OPENING
Position: Help Center Coordinator (HCC)
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose: Manage Help Center operations to recruit, screen, train and retain member church volunteers who work in the Help Center and serve as resource navigators.
Expectations: Currently 25 hours per week (M-F, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM) with the planned goal, requiring BOD approval, to increase to 40 hours per week during the first quarter of 2021.
Interested candidates please email Ann Doyle at email@example.com
1. Recruit, screen, train, schedule and supervise intake volunteers and Resource Navigators in serving participants including:
- Answer incoming calls and listen compassionately to callers.
- Think strategically while gathering guests’ story and recording vital information regarding clients expressed needs and root causes.
- Verify all information relevant to meeting the client need.
- Set and manage mutual expectations with guests.
- Conduct follow-up calls to clients.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Keep volunteer time records.
- Report monthly volunteer activity to member churches.
2. Review information gathered by volunteers during the intake; verify, analyze, and make decisions on mission resource capacity and develop a plan for the guest.
3. Ensure volunteer coverage of Help Center hours daily.
4. Determine, with prayerful discernment, how to partner and build relationships with guests and ensure expectations are manageable and specific.
5. Provide opportunities for on-going skill development of volunteers.
6. Maintain real-time accurate client records and ensure the development of effective practices to ensure excellent services.
7. Maintain accurate records of church ministries and volunteer individual resource inventories.
8. Maintain referral relationships with Love INC partner churches, church ministries.
9. Maintain accurate records of agency services and maintain referral relationships.
10. Measure and document the impact of services by ensuring timely follow-up with guests and resources.
11. Facilitate team meetings and assign appropriate Resource Navigators, as needed.
12. Coordinate activities and retain volunteers and Resource Navigators.
13. Assign Resource Navigators to support any guest as they implement their plans and maintain communication with Resource Navigators.
14. Produce Help Center monthly activity reports.
15. Familiarize and assist in providing community education on Love INC, Redemptive Compassion, “When Helping Hurts” and other community awareness and learning.
16. Ensure volunteer recognition twice annually and measure volunteer satisfaction.
17. Help identify and engage new leaders for Love INC as it continues to grow in Tampa.
18. Other duties as required for a growing organization, including coordination and facilitation for the planned implementation of Love INC’s Comprehensive Transformational Ministry in first quarter of 2021 (which would make this position a full-time opportunity).
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agreement with the Apostles’ Creed.
2. A servant heart for the Love INC mission and core values.
3. Experience in social services delivery and knowledge of Tampa Bay resources.
4. Experience in adult education and learning is a plus.
5. Discernment, strength-based, non-judgmental attitude to listen, empathize and accept others.
6. Experience in group training/facilitation and volunteer management.
7. Ability to attract, enroll, nurture, and recognize cohesive volunteer teams.
8. Detail-oriented, self-directed, strategic, multitasker, global thinker, delegates, responsive, works independently, reliable.
9. Good telephone and communication skills.
10. BA degree preferred.