For more than twenty years, The Coffee Shop in Seminole Heights has been affectionately known as “The Shop”. It is Tampa’s lone homeless drop in center. The Shop provides a single point of entry for our up to 100 homeless neighbors daily to escape Florida’s elements, do laundry, take a shower, receive mail, access telephone and internet services, get a photo ID, have a mailing address and simply enjoy a cup of coffee.
The Coffee Shop
Most importantly, The Shop is often the first step to begin building trusting relationships with our homeless neighbors to explore engaging Gracepoint Behavioral Health case management services in the hopes of getting off the streets and transforming their lives.
After closing in 2014 when Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative (THHI) discontinued funding, it reopened January 26th, 2017. To God be the glory!
The Shop’s Wish List Items
- Laundry products – detergent /bleach/dryer sheets
- New men’s and women’s underwear all sizes and socks
- Gently used men’s women’s clothing and shoes
- Ponchos, bags, backpacks, winter jackets and blankets
- New/used bath linens – towels/washcloths
- Travel size hygiene products to assemble in zip lock bags
- Men’s – deodorant, shampoo, razor, shave cream, tooth paste/brush, tooth paste, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, sunscreen, Q Tips, etc.
- Women’s – same as men’s with women’s deodorant and personal hygiene products
- Women’s personal products
- Ground coffee, 8oz coffee cups w/ lids, sugar, creamer, stir sticks and filters
- Paper products – toilet tissue / paper towels / napkins /plates / plastic cutlery
- Hart bus passes – 10 pack – $34
- Cable TV subscription (annual) and/or newspaper magazine subscription
- Packaged snacks / bottled water / First aid kits
- Cleaning products – air fresheners, disinfectant, dish soap, liquid hand soap, large hand sanitizers
- Gift cards – Wal Mart, Target, Publix to help purchase supplies