When you need help, reach out to our Help Center (Resource Clearinghouse)
Overview: Although there is a time and place for providing relief assistance (for example, in crisis and disaster relief situations), a Love INC affiliate is not an emergency response, crisis intervention or disaster relief ministry. An affiliate’s primary focus is helping churches transform people’s lives (physically and spiritually). It seeks to work with people in need to strengthen the assets they have and develop new ones. For people stuck in hopelessness and dysfunction, this approach empowers them to break the cycle of dependency. We call this developmental compassion. As a result, direct financial aid to clients (with little or no relationship) is not a significant component of an affiliate’s ministry.
Help Center: An affiliate’s foundational ministry is the Help Center, where requests for assistance are received, assessed, referred to the most appropriate resource, and followed up on. From the help comes inspiration and recruitment of church volunteers. All additional ministry modes are built upon the systems and information developed in the Help Center. The Help Center is central to how a Love INC affiliate functions. It is the fundamental ministry that touches and coordinates all other ministries.
The Love INC of Metro Tampa Help Center is the heartbeat of the Love INC Ministry. We accept referrals from our member, partnering churches, agencies, and business. If you are a member of a partner church, please ask your church to send us a Partner Referral Request on our website
Once we have received the referral we will schedule an interview with you. After your intake interview and your references have been verified, we will talk with you about matching your needs with resources from Love INC of Metro Tampa, your referring partner or church, and the community. The relationship we have with each person is confidential, based on the person vs. need and will feel different by design from other agencies or ministries.
Needs Met for 534
People/Families in 2019
- Call our Help Center at 813-222-LOVE (5683). We are open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Voicemail is available after-hours or when volunteers are serving others.
- Our trained phone volunteers will talk with you about the nature of your need, your specific request, and the information surrounding your situation.
- Love INC of Metro Tampa verifies your information through a church, caseworker, employer, or whoever best understands the need. Written verification of need is required to access the ministries offered through our churches. This verification must come from someone other than a family member. Verification can be faxed or emailed to our office.
- Love INC of Metro Tampa evaluates which church resources are available and/or which social services apply.
- We then connect you with the church resources, community resources, social service agencies, or government support available for your need.
- We provide opportunities and resources to help you take an active role in your current situation. Therefore, we are NOT an emergency service and we do not provide money.
- We value growth and transformation in your life so we provide referrals for life classes including budget, spiritual, job training and licensed mental health counselors.
- In addition to educational and mentorship opportunities, we may also be able to provide you with resources to help offset your expenses, enabling you to meet your financial obligations (ex.: food, clothes, car repairs, home repairs, low-cost appliances/furniture, etc.).
- We would like to walk with you through this time of transition not just by coordinating resources but by supporting you emotionally and with dignity.
- It takes approximately 1-2 weeks to process applications; resources may take longer based on their availability.