Communication & Development Coordinator Job Description
Part of a nationwide movement of over 110 affiliates, Love INC of Metro Tampa mobilizes a local network of partner churches to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ. Within this partnership we support neighbors struggling to resolve issue
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose: Coordinates projects related to strategic communication & donor development efforts
Hours & Wage: 25 hours/week, hybrid (in-office & remote), $18/hr (PTO, Holiday, Sick Leave, Cell Phone Reimbursement)
- Participate in the development, and oversee execution, of strategic marketing plan; this includes:
- Design/execution of quarterly printed/digital newsletter
- Management of social media platforms; including development of editorial calendar and weekly multi-channel posting
- Support Love INC’s fundraising events and campaigns, helping to ensure that all fundraising efforts are done with precision and excellence; this includes:
- Planning, program/asset design, promotion and execution for twice-yearly (April, October) breakfast fundraisers.
- Planning, program/asset design, promotion and execution for year-end appeal.
- Working with Church Partnership Coordinator, co-manage communication within network of partner churches and ensure all activity reflects organization’s standards of excellence.
- Working with staff team, co-manage communication regarding various programs & volunteer opportunities, including the Help Center, Resource Navigators and REACH.
- Working Executive Director and outside partner marketing agency, support organization rebrand process.
- Provide staff support, with Executive Director, for the Love INC Board’s subcommittee on Marketing, Promotion, Fundraising (logistics, agenda and minutes).
- Attend all monthly Board of Director’s meetings.
- Provide bi-weekly time sheets to Executive Director.
- Other duties as required for a growing organization.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agreement with the Apostles’ Creed.
- Have a heart for the Love INC mission and core values.
- Discernment, strength-based, non-judgmental attitude to listen, empathize, and accept others.
- 1-3 years experience in communication and/or development (preferred).
- Good telephone, written and oral communication skills speaking (public speaking).
- Knowledge of web-based communication and marketing tools; social media, Canva, MailChimp.
- Attracts, enrolls, nurtures and recognizes cohesive volunteer teams.
- Knowledge of Tampa community and resources.
- Detail oriented, self-directed, strategic, multitasker, global thinker, work independently, reliable.
- Team player, willing to do what it takes to achieve goals in a small, but growing social service nonprofit organization.
To apply or for more information: Evan D. Smith, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org